De Van den Hul classic maar nu gebalanceerd uitgevoerd (alleen XLR)
It is common to produce High-End equipment with balanced inputs and outputs. With the actual version of our the MC – SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial interlink, it was not possible to meet this requirement. Therefore the MC – SILVER IT Mk II Balanced was designed.
A rather uncommon design with a conductor configuration that is officially named: Tri-Axial.
For all the metals in the MC – SILVER IT Mk II Balanced, we use the world’s highest grade of Matched Crystal (MC) Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) with a very thick mechanically (thus non-chemically) applied purest silver layer.
This adds to the sonic qualities and prevents chemical deterioration, reducing any degeneration of the product.
- The centre group, acting as signal-up is made of 19 strands very dense silver coated MC OFC with a diameter of 0.16 mm. each.
- Over this centre group 2 layers of Teflon tape are applied.
- Then the first braiding, acting as signal return made of 72 x 0.075 mm. very dense silver coated MC OFC strands, follows.
- After this comes a second insulation layer with 4 sheets of Teflon.
- The outer group functioning as shield is made of 2 layers
–First: a helically overlapping wound silver tape with dimensions 2.5 x 0.05 mm.
–Second: a braiding of 216 strands made of 0.102 mm. very dense silver coated MC OFC.
- The outer 7.0 mm. diameter jacket is made of HULLIFLEX ® EHD. This specific insulation material is too costly to be used in all our products.
In practice the sonic results are determined by the quality of the conductors. A lesser factor is the layout of the product.
With superb conductor material, 95 % of the transmission quality is determined. Frequency range is a matter of layout and insulator parameters.
Nevertheless, the frequency range of the MC – SILVER IT Mk II Balanced is 22 GHz. More than enough for a good analog system.