Als B4, maar dan uitgevoerd met 3,5mm stero minijack naar 2x RCS (tulp)
1990 we were approached by the managing director of a big recording studio complex in South Africa with the request if we could design and produce all the cables necessary to run a very big studio complex. We did, and one of the products was the balanced FLEXICON B4 especially designed to be used in mixing consoles.
Combining superior transmission quality, a very low conductor to conductor capacitance and a very high screening factor combined with a very high flexibility and a high durability is not simple. But as always a very fine design was the result. The direct effect was that we sold 75 km. FLEXICON B4 to SSL, Neve and Focusrite. This 75 km. was to be used in the three different 96 channel mixing consoles especially made for the BOP studios in South Africa.
The FLEXICON B4 now is available to all of our customers.
The attractively priced slim diameter FLEXICON B4 is perfectly suited for high quality internal (balanced) signal wiring inside (pre)amplifiers and mixing consoles and as a general purpose audio and car hi-fi interlink.
The FLEXICON B4’s two multistrand (12 x 0.15 mm.) cores are AWG 24 each and are respectively coloured red and black.
- The conductor material is large crystal OFC with a very dense silver coating.
- The resistance of the centre conductors is 8.45 Ohm/100 meter.
- To achieve a high flexibility and a low capacitance the conductor insulation is made of Polypropylene.
- Core-core capacitance is 47 pF/m.
- The double screening consists of a dense helix of 48 x 0.12 mm. strands with underneath a specially treated reinforced aluminium foil and exhibits a resistance of 2.85 Ohm/100 meter.
- The external white jacket with its very thin external diameter of 3.7 mm. is made of HULLIFLEX ®, a material with superior properties compared to e.g. PVC; HULLIFLEX ® gives the FLEXICON B4 a very long life span without any ageing effects.
Website: Van den Hul